- December 17, 2021
- Posted by: cambinadmin
- Category: Trainings
CAMBIN-CNBT Workshop in Chad
The CAMBIN-CNBT Workshop held from Wednesday, 20th October to Friday, 22nd October 2021, at the Centre De Controle De Qualite Des Denrees Alimentaires, Chad under the theme: “Workshop on Capacity Strengthening and Discussions on Health Research Ethics”
The aim of this second workshop was to strengthen the capacity of members of the National Ethics Committee of Chad (CNBT) in the domain of Health Research Ethics (HRE). This workshop also sought to raise national awareness among stakeholders in the health and research sectors about the SNECFA project. To achieve this, National Regulatory Authorities (NRAs), researchers, scientific bodies, ethics institutions, and members of regional ethics committees were invited.
The discussions and training for each of the three days were focused on a specific themes as follows;
Day One: Health Research Ethics in Chad
Day Two: Ethics Evaluation, Public Health Emergencies and Vulnerability.
Day Three: Enhancing the Visibility of National Ethics Committees
Day 1 (October 20, 2021)
The workshop started at 9:00 with a speech from the representative of the Minister of Higher Education, Research and Innovation. He welcomed and thanked everyone for being present and making out time to take part in the Capacity strengthening workshop organized by SNECFA. He emphasized on the importance of bioethics and Research health ethics in our society calling on a critical reflection on our attitudes towards the domain of science and health as well as our desire to ameliorate public health. He acknowledged that the workshop will surely boost their efforts in realizing their mission as a committee. This opening speech was followed by a word of welcome from Prof Godfrey Tangwa, the Vice Chair of the Cameroon Bioethics Initiative. The following presentations were done in day one
- Presentation of the SNECFA Project (by Dr. Mbih Jerome)
- The National immunization policy and the regulations in force, with a particular focus on COVID-19. (by Director of Vaccination, Dr Abdraman Addi|)
- Presentation of CAMBIN, its activities, evolution, functioning, challenges and perspective (by Prof Godfrey Tangwa, Vice Chair of the Cameroon Bioethics Initiative)
- International guidelines for the ethics of health research (by Prof TimoleonTchuinkam)
- Brief History of Ethics in Health Research (by Prof. Godfrey Tangwa )
Day 2 (October 21, 2021)
The following presentations were delivered on Day 2
- Patent law on drugs and vaccines (by Prof. Timoleon Tchuinkam)
- Sharing of experience on routine and emergency public health assessment procedures for protocol evaluation by the CNBT. (by Dr. Dionko Maounde)
- Vulnerability and health research in routine and emergency situations (by Prof Godfrey Tangwa)
- The stages of the development of a vaccine and the undesirable effects of vaccines ( by Prof Timoleon Tchuinkam)
Day 3 (October 22, 2021)
The following presentations were delivered on Day 3
- A practical training on TRREE online module (by Apungwa Cornelius, SNECFA Project Manager).
- Opportunities for increasing the visibility of national ethics committees through the SNECFA project and sharing experiences on other initiatives (by Dr. Jerome Mbih Tosam)
- Mentorship Action Plan presented (by Dr. Jerome Mbih Tosam)
Through the different presentations and discussion points this goal was attained. A major success for the workshop was the full participation of CNBT and the joint development of the workshop agenda by CAMBIN and CNBT to meet each other’s expectations.