With official seat in Yaoundé, CAMBIN was first constituted in May 2005 and officially legalized in June 2006.
- Enjoy the advantages and discussions offered by Cameroon’s largest and most active Bioethics forum.
- Interact with different biomedical scientists, bioethicists, social scientists, medical doctors and many other health professionals nationwide, around Africa and the world.
- Get regular updates on bioethics issues in the world.
- Receive training on Bioethics
- Get information on training opportunities and research grants.
- Be part of the promotion of research ethics in Cameroon and the central African sub region.
- Enjoy office facilities and expert opinion on health research and Bioethics.
Ethics Review and Consultancy Committee (ERCC)
Ethics Review and Consultancy Committee (ERCC)
Welcome to the CAMBIN Ethics Review and Consultancy Committee (ERCC). This page aims to give information for Principal Investigators who wish to apply for research ethics clearance
We hope you find the page useful and informative.
If you have any queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To submit an application for research ethics clearance please see Application Process
ERCC Procedures and Fees
Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS) for the CAMBIN Ethics Review and Consultancy Committee (ERCC) can be downloaded by clicking https://cambin.org/publications/CAMBIN%20ERCC%20SOPs.pdf/detail
Fill Checklist for protocols to be submitted to the CAMBIN ERCC
Files for submission to the CAMBIN ERCC shall comprise the documents listed below. To avoid delay, it is the responsibility of the researcher to ensure that his/her file is complete before submission. All documents should be submitted online (registration required) and hard copies deposited at the CAMBIN secretariat or mailed to our postal address, P. O. Box 31489, Biyem-Assi, Yaounde, Cameroon
- CAMBIN ERCC Application form
- A complete copy of the research proposal
- Curriculum vitae of the principal investigator and co-investigator(s). In the case of a student thesis/dissertation, the CV of his/her supervisor (s) and that of the student plus an attestation of the supervisor indicating that he/she is supervising the study).
- Consent forms/information sheets to be used for the enrolment of research participants in both English and French
- Where applicable, insurance forms for research participants
- Where applicable, questionnaires to be used in the study
- Where applicable, evidence of scientific review and approval by the investigator’s institution
- The work plan for the study
- Proof of payment of required fees (see below)
Documents 2- 10 should be submitted as a single file.
Received files would be acknowledged within 3 working days. Administrative review for completeness will be done within a week. From the time the protocol is acknowledged as complete, the committee would meet within 45 days maximum and a response sent within 1week after the meeting. The proposal could be either in French or English. Further information might be provided with the acknowledgement of receipt. In cases where the ERCC requests supplementary documents, The PI will be responsible to submit these documents within one week.
- Review of non-funded student research studies shall cost 15,000 FCFA.
- Non funded –non student: 25,000
- Locally Funded projects: 100,000
- International projects: 200,000
These fees could be paid into the CAMBIN bank account or at the secretariat of the CAMBIN ERCC.
Union Bank of Cameroon PLC; Yaoundé Branch; Acc. No: 10023 00040 004130000 35 48; Swift: UCMACMCX
For further information, kindly contact the secretariat of the CAMBIN ERCC by email (email@example.com) or by telephone (+237 222 31 03 28).
Submit a protocol to CAMBIN Ethics Review and Consultancy Committee.
Leave your footprint-Volunteer with us.
The Cameroon Bioethics Initiative is seeking for individuals who are interested in contributing to the advancement of bioethics in Cameroon and Africa in general through a variety of volunteer opportunities. The following is a list of initiatives that CAMBIN will like volunteers to work on:
- Compilation and dissemination of Bioethics events and training opportunities
- Conducting research on various issues in bioethics
- Education and support for policy-makers on the ethical implications of health research
- Developing grant applications to support operations and special projects
- Assist in the organization of training workshops
- Facilitate networking among those interested in bioethics
- Facilitate and promote public dialogue and deliberation on important bioethics issues
- Update and enhance the CAMBIN website
If you would be willing to volunteer with us any of the above initiatives or any bioethics related issue, please contact the CAMBIN secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com to express your interest and be considered for a position!
- Conference: Cameroon Traditional Medicine, Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow
- Atelier sur la Responsabilité et l’Éthique dans la Conduite de la Recherche médicale.
- Workshop on Responsibility and Ethics in the Conduct of Health Research
- Health Research Ethics Course
Capacity building in health research ethics in Central Africa 62.72 KB 3 downloadsCapacity building in health research ethics in Central Africa: key players, current...
GET IN TOUCH
Contact Cameroon Bioethics Initiative using the info below